"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Path of April 8 Solar Eclipse

Above, the 2017 Great American Eclipse in totality. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The April 8 solar eclipse across North America is rapidly approaching.

The path of totality will be going south to north through Mexico and then the United States. 

If one is planning to go out and view the eclipse, planning ahead is essential as hotels, RV parks and campgrounds are beginning to be booked up.

I saw the Great American Eclipse from Roberts, Idaho in August 2017 and it was a memorable experience. The recent annular solar eclipse path took it directly over my home in New Mexico. All I had to do was to go out in the yard to see it.

The path of this year's solar eclipse is shown below:

Above, map provided by NASA's Scientific Visualization Studio.

Right now, I am considering either flying to Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas or driving the RV to Waco, Texas to view the eclipse. Since I had a great time in Fort Worth and Dallas in 2021, I wouldn't mind going there again and hang out at the Fort Worth Stockyards. I've been to Waco on a claims assignment back in 1992. So I have an idea of its terrain. It would be drive of over 700 miles from home. 

If I drive, I can also visit the LBJ Presidential Library and the LBJ Ranch during the trip. Both are around two hours away from Waco.

No comments:

Search This Blog