"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Dinner At Genaro's

Above, tonight's meal at Genaro's in Gallup. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Tonight, I was craving Mexican food (well, I've been craving it for some time) and decided to head into Gallup to Genaro's.

It had been months since I last dined at Genaro's and I headed into Gallup for dinner.

Since my heart/artery issue of last year, I have drastically cut down on red meat. But, I figured I'd treat myself to beef enchiladas. I would like to have had their chili rellenos, but they're too loaded with cheese (gotta watch the cholesterol, y'know).

When I arrived, the dining room was only one quarter occupied, which was fine with me.

Above, inside Genaro's. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Genaro's is located on Hill Avenue west of downtown Gallup in a residential neighborhood. At least they have a parking lot. Many times I've been there and the lot was full and I had to park on the street. Tonight was my lucky night since there was plenty of parking.

Tonight was a "four napkin night" as I broke out in a sweat from the spicy enchilada sauce. New Mexico is known as the "Chili Capital of the U.S." If one visits New Mexico and goes to a Mexican restaurant and they ask, "Red or green?" they are referring to the sauce. Red is actually milder than the green.

Anyway, it was an enjoyable meal. Tomorrow, it is back to my "safe" food (fish or chicken).

Search This Blog