"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Horsing Around

Above, the gelding next door today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Two days ago, it snowed.

Yesterday, it was too cold outside to want to bother.

But today, I got the Jeep out after our morning coffee gathering and going into Gallup for some grocery shopping. Since it has been a while since I've done so, I got a bag of carrots for my equine friends while at the market.

After getting the Jeep all warmed up, I headed next door to give the gelding some carrots. He's still leery about approaching, so I had to toss them to him.

When I was done giving him his treat, I headed down the hill to where Christmas is. She's used to people and comes right up to anyone to receive her treats.

Above, Christmas enjoying her carrots. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While I was giving Christmas her carrots, I was being watched by another horse across the street. There are two horses in that yard and I didn't have enough carrots with me to give. Maybe next time.

Above, as I was feeding Christmas, I was being watched. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So, after feeding Christmas her carrot treats, I drove around. First, I went over to the entrance to Six Mile Canyon. Then after that, I took a brief break at home.

After taking a break, I headed up the hill on Birch Road and back. It was a nice, clear day and I took a shot of the view looking north on Birch Road.

After my drive, I put the Jeep into the garage and went in to make a fresh pot off coffee. I am thinking about going back into Gallup for some sushi tonight.

No comments:

Search This Blog