"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, November 21, 2019

RV Batteries In Winter Storage

Above, The Beast in the GOCO Beast Barn. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A few weeks ago, I posted a blog about firing up The Beast (my 2015 Winnebago 22R) in the GOCO Beast Barn.

Before starting it, I checked to see the amount of charge the house battery has and it showed a full charge. But I started the engine to give the house battery an "extra kick" of power and to charge the chassis battery. When I was done, I shut off the power switch (that cuts off any power drain from the house battery).

I will be doing the same again during the next couple of weeks or so. The reason for this is because freezing weather can damage the batteries. I didn't have to do this when I lived in Southern California as it rarely froze. But since I moved to New Mexico, it has become necessary to do.

Above, the GOCO Beast Barn this morning. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As we are now in freezing weather, RV Life has posted an article on batteries in RVs in winter storage.

They begin it with:
With freezing temperatures sweeping across much of the country, many RVers have already winterized their RVs to prevent the plumbing from freezing, but how many of you have taken precautions to keep your lead-acid batteries from potential damage during the winter? 
Throughout the years I have met many RVers who ruined their batteries by not taking steps to protect them while stored during the off-season. Here is why this can happen and what you can do to prevent it.
To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog