"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, November 25, 2019

A Side Road From A Side Road

Above, a windshield's view of "The Bowl" in Cibola National Forest. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This afternoon, I took a little drive around Whispering Cedars and a side road of a side road in Cibola National Forest. I had not been on the road before and was in the mood to do some exploring.

The road splits off a side road that originates at the entrance gate to Six Mile Canyon. I've been on the side road a couple of times but not on the road that splits off from that.

Above, the Jeep on the hill overlooking "The Bowl". Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Before doing my exploring, I stopped at the Flying J to fill the gas tank. The Jeep took 10 gallons and with my five cent per gallon Good Sam Club discount, I only paid $2.449/gallon. (Eat your hearts out Californians!)

Above, on the side road of the side road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The road wasn't a bad one. It was relatively smooth and meandered up some hills covered with juniper and pinyon pine trees.

After a while, I came to a ridge that overlooked a bowl-shaped area that looked like a crater. I think this is what one of the guys here told me is called "The Bowl" (makes sense). After some viewing, I turned around and headed back towards Jamestown.

Above, the "Three Mesas", Iyanbito and Interstate 40 from the side road of the side road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Midway to Six Mile Canyon Road, I stopped and took in the view of the mesas across the valley with Interstate 40 and the Iyanbito chapter community of the Navajo Nation.

With possible snow coming tonight, I figured that today would be a good one for a drive. It was around 52° outside, but it seemed colder with the wind.

Good times!

No comments:

Search This Blog