"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, March 13, 2016

At Medieval Times

Above, our group photo after entering Medieval Times. We sort of looked like the Griswolds in National Lampoon's Vacation.

At long last, I've finally gone to Buena Park's Medieval Times. It was one of those Southern California attractions that I've never been to but never got around to going, until today.

Above, Jackie and Denise. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Denise, Aiden, Denise's friend Jackie and I went there today after doing some shopping in the Fashion District of Los Angeles in preparation of our upcoming vacation to Hawaii. (More about the shopping portion of today will be posted tomorrow.)

We all had a great time and the dinner was very good. Then again, by the time dinner was served, I could have eaten just about anything. I managed to clean my plate, much to the amusement of Denise and Jackie. But, prior to being seated for the dinner show, we got pretty loosened up over some wine and roamed around the gift shop.

Above, Aiden, Denise and I. Photo by Jackie.

The show was enjoyable and Aiden had a great time. Now that he's getting older, he is becoming more appreciative of things and starting to talk up a storm. He was riveted by the pageantry of the show and gobbled up his dinner. Normally, he's a picky eater. Not bad for a two-year-old.

Above, part of the show. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I haven't been on the 91 freeway in ages. As Denise was driving us to Buena Park, I was able to soak in the scenery. I marveled at how the area near Cerritos (once known as Dairyland) and Buena Park had changed. 40 years ago, I drove the 91 often to visit a friend in La Habra and at that time, there was nothing out there but cows.

Well, there's no cows out there now.

As for Medieval Times, I wouldn't mind going there again.


No comments:

Search This Blog