"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Get Your Aloha On!

Above, the storefront of re Aloha Shirts. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

In preparation for an upcoming trip to Hawaii, I checked around for stores who specialize in Hawaiian-styled shirts. There's virtually none in the San Fernando Valley, but I did find one in neighboring Westlake Village (near Thousand Oaks) off U.S. 101 at Lindero Canyon.

It is re Aloha Shirts. It is a store (and warehouse) specializing in vintage to modern Hawaiian-styled shirts and dresses. Their stock consists of used clothing, but they are in great shape. I much prefer going not looking like I just bought everything from Macy's or some other place. Also, I could have waited to buy some in Hawaii, but they would probably be more expensive.

Above, there are plenty of dresses for the ladies. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The Hawaii travel guides I read all recommend clothing that is 100% cotton, as the islands are tropical and humid. Cotton fabric breathes better than synthetics. re Aloha Shirts has plenty of cotton shirts and dresses to choose from.

I found four shirts to my liking, one of which has a Ford Mustang theme. I tried them all on and they were comfortable (I can now see why the late Forrest J. Ackerman favored wearing Hawaiian shirts).

More shopping will be done tomorrow when Denise, her friend Jackie and I head down to the garment district of Los Angeles.

Above, the four shirts I bought. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The store is located at 31139 Via Colinas, #202, Westlake Village, CA 91302. Phone number is (818) 575-0600. They are open Thursdays through Saturdays 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM or by appointment.

No comments:

Search This Blog