"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Car Wash and U-Haul

Above, the U-Haul tech filling the propane tank. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Since the jaunt to Yosemite National Park is a week away, preparations have begun for the trip.

Today, I took The Beast to a coin-operated car wash to get some bird crap off and general cleaning. Following that, I went around the corner to the Northridge U-Haul to fill up the propane tank.

The propane tank has an eighteen gallon capacity and although I probably already had enough, I decided to fill it since nights are still cold in Yosemite and the heater runs on propane.

I hadn't filled it since after the Yellowstone trip and I was also curious as to how much had been used during the Lake Havasu, Joshua Tree National Park, San Diego and other trips. As it turned out, only 2.6 gallons of propane was used. Not bad! I thought the heater would have gobbled up a lot since it was freezing cold in Joshua Tree National Park and at the Gen. Patton Memorial Museum and I used the heater during those nights.

All that remains is to load it up with food provisions, some clothes and toiletries and I'm ready to go.

No comments:

Search This Blog