"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, March 6, 2016

No Class

The political discourse, as many on both side would agree, has gotten coarse and ugly over the past several years.

Political humor can be funny, even when "our candidate" is the butt of a joke. I can laugh at much of it. Some is just ugly and not at all funny.

But, I am generally a tolerant person when it comes to such things.

However, what I don't and won't tolerate are mean and ugly people who are essentially dancing on someone's grave (even before they're even buried). I saw such an example of this a little while ago.

A person who used to work for Sony/TriStar, who is of the liberal persuasion but shall remain nameless, posted a snide comment concerning the passing of former First Lady Nancy Reagan on Facebook. That was bad enough, but borderline tolerable. However, some of his friends posted comments to his post that decent people would (or should) be repelled by if they had any class. They were all horrible and, unbelievably, some vulgar.

By allowing this to happen and allowing those comments to remain posted without any kind of rebuke is, to me, tacit approval of this classless behavior. Frankly, I have had enough of it.

Yes, there's freedom of speech in this country (but is being eroded by the P.C. crowd). But people should think before posting garbage for people who have different views to see. It was offensive and I had to unfriend this person for allowing this. I am not going to change my mind. Enough is enough. He and I had a previous incident quite similar to this. He hadn't learned his lesson.

There's an old saying:
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
These people should take heed of that.

When Sen. Ted Kennedy died of cancer, even though I disagreed with him politically, I never posted anything that would offend his ardent supporters. Actually, months before he died, I did send him a get-well message through his office. I guess that's the difference between people, some have class and some don't.

That's sad.

No comments:

Search This Blog