"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, March 27, 2016

"Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice"



For the past few days, I've been reading reviews of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice from critics and friends. Most of what I've read were negative.

Tonight, I went to go see it. 

Since the reviews I've read were mostly negative, I went into the theater with low expectations. The last time I went into a theater with low expectations was for Van Helsing. It met my low expectations.

However in the case of Batman v. Superman, I found myself enjoying it more than expected, even more so than Superman Returns.

Was it the best Superman movie ever? No. Was it the best Batman movie ever? No. Was it the best super-hero movie ever? No. But it was enjoyable. It also wasn't the worst in any of these categories either.

Granted, a lot of it was long and too drawn out. I detested the costumes for Superman and Wonder Woman. Batman looked okay, except he looked too bulky.

Henry Cavill is good as Superman and Clark Kent, if only he had a better costume (the design is based on DC Comics' current one) and a lot less cape. He reminds me a lot of George Reeves, which is a plus in my book. Ben Affleck was good as Bruce Wayne and Batman. One quibble on Affleck: if he's supposed to be a millionaire playboy, can't he afford to buy a razor?

Above, the Silver Age Batman and Superman.

Gal Gadot was good as Diana Prince and Wonder Woman. Jesse Eisenberg was fair as Lex Luthor. I was not impressed with Amy Adams as Lois Lane. To me, Lois should be a dark brunette and very hot-looking. Adams wasn't unattractive, but she was not a striking beauty to me that a Lois Lane should be.

I won't go into the story, but it wasn't as bad as some are saying. The special effects were pretty good.

My grade: B.

No comments:

Search This Blog