"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, March 10, 2016

In San Francisco Then And Now

I came across an old photo of me that was taken in San Francisco in 1978 while I was there for a California Republican Party convention at the Hyatt Regency Hotel.

For the fun of it, I have the photo from 1978 and one from last year below when I spoke in San Francisco at the Japan Society.

The convention, for me, was most notable for being a drunk-fest. Several candidates for state offices had hospitality suites. One would have wine, another would have margaritas and another would have a full bar. And so on. I hit them all.

This led to the worst hangover ever. A former co-worker was attending UC Berkeley and came over to join me while hitting the suites. He also got plowed. He managed to lose a very nice umbrella while in his drunken stupor. I never heard from him again following that weekend. I didn't feel better until I was flying home the next morning.

That's what happens when one mixes and has too many drinks. I never did that again! 

Here's a photo from 1978:

Above, yours truly in San Francisco in 1978. Photo by Ken Huthmaker.

And, a photo from 2015 (a lot more sober) in San Francisco:




No comments:

Search This Blog