"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, September 12, 2019

A Drive Into Cibola National Forest's Six Mile Canyon

Above, the Jeep near the entrance to Cibola National Forest. An old
cattle pen is in the background at right. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It had been longer than a year since I last was in Six Mile Canyon of the Cibola National Forest that backs our community in Jamestown, New Mexico.

The last time I was there was around June of 2018 with Mitch Geriminsky in his truck.

Above, the driver's view of Six Mile Canyon Road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I decided to take a drive into the canyon in the Jeep after a break.

The 1952 Willys Jeep M38A1 took the road quite well. The road was in relatively good shape with only a few rough spots.

Above, the turnaround point where the windmill is located (background, at left). Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Just before entering the national forest, a civilian truck and a national forest ranger truck were exiting.

I decided to go about three miles into the canyon and turn around near where the windmill is located. Along the way, there was a work crew about a quarter mile north of the area of the windmill. On the way back, three large trucks were coming in. One driver asked if there was a work crew up ahead. I told him, "Yes, about a quarter mile ahead." When the trucks approached, I pulled to the side. It was a lot easier for me to do so than it would be for them.

Above, another shot at the old cattle pen. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Also along the way, I saw one cow grazing along the road. I saw no others.

I figured I'd best take a drive into the canyon before it is closed for the winter. 

No comments:

Search This Blog