"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Makin' Progress

Above, this is usually the distance the gelding keeps from me. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It's been a "homebody" day today. I've been sticking around home as some guys may be coming over to spray my pinyon pines for bark beetles. I have four. One of them looks to be on its last legs.

First, I did some tinkering in the garage. I tossed some boxes and unneeded stuff and did some rearranging.

After that, I watered the trees. We haven't had that much rain since late July here. It has been a mild monsoon season. But it won't be long before we start getting snow.

Once I was done watering, I took a break with a cigar and ice tea.

I decided to take a little ride on the mini bike and bring over some carrots to the gelding next door.

Above, today he came much closer to me. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today was the first time he started to walk over to me. But he was still hesitant. He almost was going to take the carrot from my hand, but backed off a little. But it was a good start for a formerly wild horse. So we're making progress.

Maybe next time he will take the carrot from my hand. 

No comments:

Search This Blog