"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Oh, Drat!

Above, the mini bike with the scabbard. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday was pretty relaxing and sunny out once the fog in the area dissipated. The ground fog on the fields between the house and Interstate 40 reminded me of the forest in the 1941 The Wolf Man.

The house propane heater needed two new filters, so I went into Gallup's Home Depot and got them and they were installed when I got back home.

I decided to take a ride on the mini bike. That didn't go too well as the chain came off abruptly while I was on East Blue Cedar Loop. I tried to get it back on over there (there's a wrench kit in the storage compartment) but unable to do so. Luckily, a neighbor on his small electric utility truck came along and brought the mini bike and me back home.

I did manage to get the chain back on the sprocket, but it came off again. I am surprised at how heavy the bike is while trying lift it and turn the wheel to get the chain on. This is one of those things that mini bike and motorcyclists dread.

Another attempt was made to get the chain back on, but I have to loosen the tension some more to get it on. I was drenched with perspiration at this point and it was almost dinner time, so I stopped and went to take a shower before starting dinner.

I'll deal with it next week after the clamp-out this weekend in Arizona. For today, I'll probably just drive the Jeep after I get The Beast out of the GOCO Beast Barn and do some packing.

No comments:

Search This Blog