"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Speedy's Truck Stop

Above, Speedy's Truck Stop convenience store. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After our usual coffee/breakfast gathering at Denny's in the Flying J, I headed west to Lupton, Arizona to pick up some cigars at the Tee Pee Trading Post.

Once that was done, I decided to head "next door" (on the other side of a field) to Speedy's Truck Stop. I have never stopped in before, so I decided to take a look and get some lunch. Speedy's is located next to Interstate 40 on historic Route 66.


Above, Speedy's Truck Stop restaurant. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Inside the main building, there's a convenience store, laundromat, showers and a restaurant for travelers and truckers to take a break.

Above, today's lunch/dinner. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I went to the restaurant and had a plate of four tacos with beans and rice. Not bad! I enjoyed it.

Following lunch, I headed on home. I should have had a little less food as I was fighting off a "food coma". But I made it.

I'll probably skip dinner, or just have enough to take my meds.


No comments:

Search This Blog