"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, September 5, 2019

A Denny's Meet-up and Propane

Above, Max Bettman and I at Denny's this morning.


Last evening, I received a text message from and old friend and college fraternity brother, Max Bettman, saying that he's heading out of Albuquerque in the morning and wanted to know if I wanted to meet up at the Flying J for breakfast.

I told him yes and we agreed to an 8:30 meet-up.

Well, it turned out that he got there an hour sooner. Anticipating that possibility, I took an early shower and got ready.

So, I met him at Denny's and we had a good time chatting about the Corvette cross-country caravan he participated in that originated near his home in Washington state.

Afterwards, I headed back home to put the Mustang back into the garage and to get The Beast out of the GOCO Beast Barn so I could take it to Gallup Propane to fill the propane tank. Word had gotten around that propane was selling there for just under $2.00/gallon. I needed propane anyway as I have a Clamp-out at the end of the month.

I then went back to Denny's to meet up with the usual Jamestown gang.

After coffee, I headed into Gallup to get the propane.

At Gallup Propane, there were several people there with their propane tanks of all sizes and shapes. Eventually, it was my turn and the technician filled my propane tank. It needed 4.4 gallons.

When I went into the office to pay, I was surprised (pleasantly, I might add) to learn that the price was $1.54 plus tax per gallon. That was the lowest I've paid for propane since I bought the motorhome. It seems that the previous lowest amount was about $2.65/gallon. Not too shabby!

I immediately let a couple of neighbors about the price.

No comments:

Search This Blog