"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, September 9, 2019

Sushi In Albuquerque

Above, coy pond and wooden bridge. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Tonight, I did something I should have done last night. That is, go into Albuquerque for dinner.

I was in a sushi mood tonight and while I was getting my hair cut, I asked my haircutter Michelle if there's any good sushi restaurants around. She mentioned one and I asked her if the nearby Hibachi One restaurant was any good. She said she went there some time ago but said it was good.

Above, the coy pond and the teppanyaki room in the background. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After getting my haircut, I headed over to The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History and, later, Ben Peterson Firearms. When I was done with that, I headed back to the Route 66 RV Resort to relax for a few hours before going back into town.

Above, the sushi bar. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I headed out around 3:00 to beat the traffic on Interstate 40. When I got to Hibachi One, I found that they open at 5:00. I checked online and found every sushi restaurant didn't open until 5:00. I decided to just relax in the motorhome and watch YouTube videos to pass the time. Time seemed to go by fast and soon it was 5:00.

Above, one of the private party rooms. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So I went in and found a nicely-decorated restaurant with Benihana-style teppanyaki grill tables on one side and standard booths in the other. To get to the booths, one has to cross a coy pond over a wooden bridge. There were private party Japanese-style rooms as well. This was something I would never have expected to see in New Mexico.

Above, the tuna and salmon cut rolls. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I had some tuna and salmon cut rolls and then some yellowtail sushi on beds of white rice. It was the best sushi I've had since I moved out of California. Zen Steak and Sushi in Gallup is okay, but this place was more like L.A.

Above, the yellowtail sushi. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The restaurant is located on Coors Blvd., a half mile north of Interstate 40 and across the street from Cracker Barrel Country Store.

I wouldn't hesitate going back to Hibachi One again.

No comments:

Search This Blog