"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Mowing Today

Above, Barking Spider Acre and the GOCO Beast Barn after mowing. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

During our usual morning coffee/breakfast gathering down at Denny's in the Flying J, I was notified that my prescriptions were ready for pick-up at Walmart.

So, after our gathering, I picked up my mail (got my Willys Jeep keychains) and headed off to Gallup to pick up my prescriptions.

Above, one of the Willys Jeep keychains. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Thankfully, the prescriptions supplied me with meds for 90 days, so I don't have to head there on a monthly basis.

When I got home, I did some mowing over at the Barking Spider Acre. It was in pretty good shape, but some areas were starting to get tall weeds. I decided to keep it under control and mowed them down.

Above, part of Barking Spider Acre and the neighbor's horse at right. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I did manage to get the mower stuck again by getting to close to the edge of the culvert that runs along the road. It wasn't as bad as the previous times, but still required the Jeep to pull the mower out from the edge. It wouldn't have been a problem if the mower were 4-wheel drive. But you can't have everything. I got it out and ready to finish the mowing within 10 minutes. I was going to start up the Jeep today anyway, so this served the purpose in a way.

Above, the ol' homestead. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After finishing up the mowing, I relaxed with a cigar and a bottle of Alien Amber Ale.

To further cool off, I took a ride on the mini bike around the area. The cool air felt good!

As for President Trump's rally in Rio Rancho last night, people who were there (and those who weren't, but watched on live streaming) are still raving over it (in a good way). Some reported that 7,000 attended inside the center. Others reported that 25,000 were there inside and in the overflow area.

But, the good thing is, the lefties behaved themselves this time. No riots.

No comments:

Search This Blog