"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Business In Gallup and Snow At the Continental Divide

Above, the mesas northeast of Jamestown covered in snow. These are at the Continental Divide. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This afternoon, I went into Gallup to take care of a few things, including stopping at the bank and to check with my mechanic on a future project.

The bank couldn't help me as they only have drive-up service and I need to replace a debit card with a faulty chip. They said I can call customer service to do this.

The future "project" is the Jeep. I have a slow fuel tank leak (I have a gas can collecting the dripping gasoline). It stops when it goes below five gallons, so it is my guess is the leak is on the upper portion of the gas tank. I checked with my mechanic to see if he can handle the job of replacing the fuel tank. He said can and that the most difficulty is getting parts. I told him that I have sources for parts and that will not be a problem.

Above, the mesas a little further west of the top photo has no trace of snow. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After those two stops were done, I went to try out a restaurant I spotted in the business complex that my computer repairer is located. I spotted it last week when I went to pick up my computer. It is called Cocina de Dominguez, a Mexican restaurant. Since there's no dine-in service in any restaurant in New Mexico at present, I ordered take out.

I decided to try their chicken chimichanga dinner. I am happy to report that it was good. Their red sauce is as hot as Genaro's and I was sweating profusely. It was a good think that I have some sour cream to "extinguish" it. I give the place a "thumb's up"!

One odd thing that I saw as I was headed to the freeway from home was that the mesas to the northeast of Jamestown were covered with snow, even though they were facing south (or the sun), which would cause the snow to melt faster than other sides. The point where the mesas were covered with snow is where the Continental Divide is. I have been told that there are weather changes at the Continental Divide, compared to other nearby areas. Now I've seen it for myself.

The mesas closer to Jamestown (or west of the Continental Divide) had absolutely no snow, een though they are all roughly the same elevation. I took the two photos that accompany this blog post illustrating the difference. 

No comments:

Search This Blog