"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Unexpected Early Trip To Gallup

Above, the new coffee maker. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning started off rudely.

After pouring the last cup of coffee from last evening, I attempted to make a fresh pot. But the coffee maker refused to cooperate. The coffee maker's hot plate and the brewing heating element weren't working. It was time to replace it.

I had the coffee maker for two years after the one I had since Tarzana gave out. It was also a good thing I keep a jar of instant coffee around in the event something like this occurs.

So, I headed early this morning to Walmart to pick up a new coffee maker. The replacement is the same model, a Black & Decker 12-cup coffee maker.

I figured that I would beat the crowds to Walmart, so I left the house at 6:30. The opening time is 7:00.

I got there at 6:45 and noticed people already going in and a line of people waiting to go in. As I was about to join the line, someone told a gentleman nearby that seniors don't have to wait and to go right in. I then turned around and we both went in. A Walmart employee was at the door and asked if we are over 65. We both said yes and went in. I was unaware that Walmart had a "Geezer Hour", or whatever they call it.

First, I went to the pharmacy to have my prescription of nitroglycerin filled. Then, I went and got a replacement coffee maker. As a lark, I went over to the bathroom tissue aisle and found they had plenty. So I got a 12-roll package. I then went back to the pharmacy and my prescription was ready. I was able to pay for the coffee maker and toilet paper there with the co-pay on the prescription. I got back on the road by 7:15. Not bad!

Since I bought the same model, I am keeping the old carafe just in case I manage to break the new one.

Sometimes it pays to be in geezerhood!

No comments:

Search This Blog