"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Back To Jeepin'

Above, at the windmill in Six Mile Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This afternoon, I was relaxing at home when the UPS truck pulled up the front yard. The driver dropped off the new replacement side view mirror for the Jeep.

Upon opening the box, it was immediately apparent that this was a far better, and stronger, mirror than what I bought before. Also, the base on it was drilled to match the holes on the Jeep. It took me only a few minutes to install it.

Above, the new side view mirror after installation. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I decided to take a drive in Six Mile Canyon. First, I headed over to the Flying J to put some gasoline in the tank. With my Good Sam Club discount, gasoline only cost me $1.849/gallon. After I was done, I headed out and to Six Mile Canyon.

Above, at the large meadow area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, there were other people in the canyon besides me.

After driving around, I headed on home to have dinner.

Above, this evening at the campsite before the couple with the trailer arrived. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I was done having dinner, I headed back to Six Mile Canyon. This time, I stopped at the first campsite in the canyon to sit and enjoy the view of the mesas. While there, I saw a 16' teardrop-shaped travel trailer being towed by a pick-up truck approach. A middle-aged couple stopped where I was sitting and I asked them if they would like this campsite. They said yes. The lady had a thick British accent. We discussed the washed out spot on Six Mile Canyon Road at the culvert. She said it wasn't bad getting across, trailer and all, as they took it nice and slow.  She said they had enough clearance.



After chatting a bit, I headed back on home for the night. It was a nice day to be out.

No comments:

Search This Blog