"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

This Sure Beats Driving On The I-405 San Diego Freeway

Above, in Six Mile Canyon today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The warm, but comfortable, weather will continue for the rest of the week and into the weekend.

I did some driving in Six Mile Canyon today and noticed that the grass is getting greener in the meadows and fields. It is nice having "the playground" right next to our community.

Above, the valley inside Six Mile Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I saw several people driving in the canyon today. It sure does help with coping with the stay-at-home orders and business lockdown.

Above, on a side road in the valley. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, I found that my stimulus payment will be arriving on May 1. There will be at least two companies that will benefit from it (isn't that the intent?). The first will be the company that will supply a new gasoline tank for the Jeep (the one I have leaks a little, so I am getting a new one so I won't have to deal with that problem again) and the other will be the installer. I already checked with my mechanic and they can do the job.

Above, this sure beats driving on the congested I-405 San Diego Freeway in L.A. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I noticed that the washed out spot on Six Mile Canyon Road at the culvert had been filled in today. I saw the work crew a ways from it as I was driving to Six Mile Canyon. When I came back out an hour or so, the work crew was heading into Six Mile Canyon and the spot was filled. It looks like The Beast would be able to drive on it now. Maybe I'll take The Beast into Six Mile Canyon for some dry camping for a night or two.

The forecast from the National Weather Service:

Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 44. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 80. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 45. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south after midnight.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. West wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 79.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 43.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 75.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 76.


No comments:

Search This Blog