"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Como Se Llama?

Above, Meeko the llama. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today was a nice warm day at 66° outside, but it did come with some wind. We are in a Wind Advisory.

I took the Jeep out this afternoon and stopped at Christmas's pen and gave her a bunch of carrots. I had some extras in case the two horses across the road were out in their section of yard near the road. They were nowhere to be seen.

Above, Christmas is ready for her next carrot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I then headed to the Flying J to put gas into the gas tank and I was off to Six Mile Canyon.

There were others in the canyon in ATVs or pick-up trucks. I went as far as the windmill and stopped there for a while to kick back and listen to the radio for a while. Then I headed back to Whispering Cedars.

Above, today at the windmill in Six Mile Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I drove around the community and stopped at the pen where the llama named Meeko lives. I have him (or her?) the last remaining carrots. In the pen with the llama are some horses and goats. The llama likes carrots as much as horses do. Fortunately, the goats and horse stayed at the opposite of the pen.

Above, Meeko eating a carrot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While I was there, my friend Victor came by and we chatted for a while. I bought the Jeep from him last summer. While we were talking I noticed a hairy goat approach Meeko and it tried to hump the llama. That was a funny sight.

Above, Meeko waiting for another carrot. The horny goat is in the background. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As we continued talking, Greg and Roger came by and we chatted a bit with them. Greg asked me if the llama tried to spit at me, and I told him no. The llama was friendly and Nandoh said months ago (when it escaped and ended up at Nandoh's yard) that the llama is friendly once someone gives it treats. That seemed to be the case today.

After we were all done chatting, I then headed home for the day. It is supposed to get warmer over the next few days.

No comments:

Search This Blog