"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Dog Rescue and Six Mile Canyon

Above, the repaired section of Six Mile Canyon Road at the culvert. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning I headed out for today's drive in Six Mile Canyon. First, I went to the Flying J to check my mailbox. Along the way, near the cattle guard at the entrance to Six Mile Canyon Road, I spotted a small dark Yorkie with a service dog harness in the road approaching and dodging cars. He or she seemed lost and disoriented. I went on to the Flying J, but stopped to put a bulletin about the dog at the Jamestown Community Facebook page.

I went to the Flying J and on my return the dog was still there. After a bit of coaxing, I finally got the dog into the Jeep and proceeded a block away to the fire station. They were prepared as they have a kennel for lost animals. They did some checking and found out who the owner is. The people they contacted would contact the owner.

Above, in the valley area of Six Mile Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Sure enough, I received a voice mail message from Mindy Schultz of the fire station an hour later (it came in while I was in Six Mile Canyon where there's no cell coverage) stating that the owner picked up the dog. It was a female Yorkie named "Dr. Stephanie". Well, I did my "good deed" for the day.

Above, yours truly in Six Mile Canyon today. 

I went on to Six Mile Canyon Road and found that the repaired section near the culvert would be passable for "The Beast". Maybe I'll do some dry camping in Six Mile Canyon next week.

Above, the Jeep in the Six Mile Canyon valley. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I drove into Six Mile Canyon and saw one other vehicle, a late-model red Jeep. There was a toybox camping trailer camped at the corral just inside the gate, but I saw nobody around it.

It was about 81° outside during my drive, so it was nice and warm out. I headed to the valley area of Six Mile Canyon and hung out there for a while before heading back. 

No comments:

Search This Blog