"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Cibola National Forest Social Distancing

Above, Christmas was ready for another carrot. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today was a bit warmer and with a little less wind, so I headed out to the Cibola National Forest/Six Mile Canyon to do some exploring.

First, I stopped at Christmas's pen to give her some carrots. She was eager to get her treats by the way she trotted over to where I was.

Above, the road leading down into "the bowl". Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After I was done feeding her, I headed off to the Cibola National Forest. I decided to make another attempt to find the side road that leads to the area the locals call "the bowl". This time I was successful. The road does continue down into it, but I decided to hold off driving it until I get a new gas tank installed into the Jeep.

Above, the Jeep parked at "the bowl" overlook. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

From there, I headed into Six Mile Canyon. I saw several vehicles heading into the canyon today, they were mainly pick-up trucks and newer model Jeeps.

Above, the corral at the gate to Six Mile Canyon from "the bowl" side road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I saw a small side road and I got on it. It led down to a dry stream bed and, from there, into some hills. I went down it for a bit before turning around and put the Jeep into four-wheel-drive to get out.

Above, on the side road before crossing the dry stream bed in Six Mile Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The weather will be about the same until Tuesday. There may be showers and thunderstorm activity according to the National Weather Service. The weather will return to current conditions on Wednesday.

The forecast:

Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
Monday
Partly sunny, with a high near 60. West wind 5 to 15 mph.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming south 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
Tuesday
A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Sunny, with a high near 62. Light south wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning.
Tuesday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. West wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.

All in all, it was an enjoyable day.

No comments:

Search This Blog