"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, June 25, 2020

She's Back Home

Above, back home in the garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After trying different remedies over a couple of weeks, I think the Jeep is now fixed.

It ran fine all the way from Gallup to Jamestown today after having a new electric fuel pump installed. One of my Jamestown friends followed me down Route 66 and two miles on Interstate 40. He said we averaged 45 m.p.h. on Route 66 and 55 m.p.h. on I-40 (which is interesting since I wasn't pushing it). Jeeps aren't known for their speed.

Above, the new fuel pump. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I was told that old electric fuel pumps are affected by the head generated by the engine and outside temperatures and cut out. They work fine once they are cooled off, but the problem would happen again once high temperatures return. The mechanic said the pump was old.

After installation, the mechanic drove it from the shop to Fort Wingate and back with no problems (roughly 12 miles each way).

Even though the repairs done last week didn't solve the problem, they were necessary and would have to be done anyway.

So, I guess I can have fun driving around Six Mile Canyon again.

No comments:

Search This Blog