"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, December 2, 2023

Thawing Out

Above, back from the Flying J today. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A little while ago, I got home from our breakfast/coffee gathering at Denny's at the Flying J.

The roads in the community were icy when I headed out, but not enough that required 4WD. I just took it slow. At the bridge over Interstate 40, I ran into a line of semi-trucks. They were slowly heading to the truck area of the Flying J. It took me an extra five minutes to get to the Flying J. The good part of it was that the Jeep had more time to get further warmed up. 

Interstate 40 looked in good shape. The only thing I noticed was that the semi-trucks were speeding like there were no snowstorms. 

Getting back home was effortless s the truck back-up was over. The main road into our community, Whispering Cedars Road, was thawed out. My street had some slush in spots, nothing major. 

Tomorrow should be a nice day with further thawing. 

No comments:

Search This Blog