"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Another Curve Ball

Have you ever wished that life would just be a smooth ride or just plain dull normal?

Mine has been far from being "dull normal" for weeks. It seems that there as been one curve ball thrown at me after another. Fortunately, the curve balls thrown have been what other people have done rather than anything originating from my brow. Sometimes I wish that this year never started. But one just has to deal with them and move on.

There's a saying that I believe came from an Adventures of Superman director Lee Sholem.

He said:
Above, Jessica yesterday at the Lamplighter
restaurant. Photo by Armand Vaquer.
Life isn't fair. The fair's in Pomona!
That's pretty much how I look at life.

Yesterday, my former roommate Jessica and I had a nice day. We started with breakfast and then shopping at a local mall. I took her home and she seemed fine, just tired. What can go wrong, right?

Then came the curve ball.

Well, her father called me a little while ago to tell me that she's been admitted into the hospital. It is related to her (major) medical condition. Hopefully, it is just a minor "bump in the road" and nothing major. She was admitted last night.

While I may wish for things to return to a state of dull normalcy, I also have to look at things from a different perspective. Things may have been in turmoil for the past several weeks on a personal level, but they pale in comparison to someone who has to face every day with a major medical problem. Should they wake up in the morning alive, then already it's a good day! Try dealing with that kind of life.

Without being specific, Jes major medical issues. It has been an ordeal since everything all began in January 2014. Much of it has to do with dealing with the bureaucratic red tape of the medical center and insurance. Besides affecting Jes, it has also taken a toll on her family as well as those close to her, including myself.

It will be a joyous day for everyone when she finally gets the resolution she needs. We all hope that that day comes soon!

UPDATE (6/30/16): Jes was released from the hospital yesterday. She's doing much better!


No comments:

Search This Blog