"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, June 13, 2016

My Book Buys At Book Passage

Above, two books I bought for myself. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While at Book Passage in Corte Madera in Marin County over the weekend to attend the talk by former Secret Service Agent Clint Hill and journalist Lisa McCubbin, I made a few purchases of books.

I picked up three autographed copies of Hill's and McCubbin's Five Presidents. One for daughter Amber, one for "honorary sister" Diane and one for myself. I pre-ordered a personalized/autographed copy of the book, figuring that I may not have been able to attend or if I did attend, the crowd would be too large to get a signature. It turned out I was right. There was a very long line and I had to make my way back to the Los Banos KOA Kampground, 125 miles away. I bought myself an extra copy.

Above, the autographs by Hill and McCubbin. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

For Amber, I also got her a copy of Wild by Cheryl Strayed (about her experience in hiking the Pacific Crest Trail).

For myself, I also bought a copy of Five Days In November by Hill and McCubbin. I began reading it two nights ago and now almost finished.

I'll be heading to the Tarzana Post Office to mail Diane her copy of Five Presidents.

No comments:

Search This Blog