"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Bob Shayne In "Tora! Tora! Tora!"

Above, Bob Shayne (left) in Tora!Tora! Tora!


Before heading off to the Ventura Beach RV Park, I decided to bring along some movies. The Beast has a built-in DVD player and television.

I picked two John Wayne movies to bring: True Grit and She Wore A Yellow Ribbon. I watched True Grit last night and will be watching She Wore A Yellow Ribbon tonight.

Since returning from Hawaii a couple of weeks ago, I've been in kind of a Pearl Harbor mood. Today, I watched Tora! Tora! Tora! It's been a while since I've last screened it.

While watching it, I spotted our very own "Inspector William J. Henderson" from the Adventures of Superman: Robert Shayne. I had forgotten that he had a bit part in the movie. I took some photos of the TV screen during his "big" scene (at least he had some dialog). I sent a photo to his daughter Stephanie. She didn't immediately recognize the movie.

The movie was produced around 1969-70. As Shayne was born in October 1900, he was around 69 or 70 years of age at the time. He looked pretty good and was wearing a tuxedo.

A photo of his scene is posted at top.

No comments:

Search This Blog