"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Blowin' In The Wind

Above, the main building of the Los Banos KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Due to the gusty winds here in Los Banos, I've been up for the past two hours.

The winds are strong enough to shake The Beast. That, along with the noise from the blowing trees, woke me up.

I am trying to decide whether to pack up (won't have much to pack up) and head on the road to L.A. or wait a few hours for the winds to die down (if they even do). Driving an RV through cross-winds is not fun and it can be dangerous. I've seen many big rigs toppled over through the years from strong wind gusts. It is easier to drive through windy conditions at slower speeds, but it takes longer to get out of windy areas.

I was also considering dumping out the holding tanks, but the extra weight from them would be helpful in fighting the winds. So I won't.

I'll wait for more sunlight to determine to wait it out a little bit or not.

No comments:

Search This Blog