"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, June 13, 2016

What?! A Year Already?

Above, the storefront of the Dearly Departed Tour. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A "memory" notification was posted on my Facebook page of an event that took place a year ago today. It asked if I wanted to share it. I did.

I was a little stunned by this as it doesn't seem like a year had passed. It was when my daughter Amber got us on the "Dearly Departed Hollywood, A Tragical History Tour" around Hollywood and Los Angeles as a Father's Day gift.

Above, the tour at the apartment where Bela Lugosi died in 1956. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The tour took us to places where Hollywood celebrities met their deaths and where others also met their untimely ends. We also visited the graves of several celebrities.

Above,some items for sale at the Dearly Departed store. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I knew it had been a few months since we took the tour, but it seems so fresh that I find it incredible that it was a year ago. It is amazing how fast a year had flown by!

Above, the doorway where actress Rebecca Schaeffer was gunned down. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We did another death-related activity in January. We visited the Museum of Death in Hollywood (and Amoeba Music across the street). I may have the two confused or "blended together" in my memory banks. Yes, my daughter takes after me in liking weird or offbeat things to do.

Here is the first of several write-ups on the tour.

No comments:

Search This Blog