"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, June 18, 2016

With Bikers

Above, the bikes, all Harleys. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last night was spent hanging out with Dawn, her sister and friends, who just happen to be bikers. It was an enjoyable time and the guys livened things up.

You may wonder how would I get along with bikers? Well, it was not too difficult. They were pretty much in my age group and are actually nice guys. They were not Hell's Angels types by any means. One reminded me of my cousin's husband.

In high school, as I didn't have a car at the time, I had friends who were surfers and low-riders. Therefore, I wasn't stuck at home. It worked out great. So hanging with bikers was almost a natural for me. I generally get along with anyone.

It wasn't the first time I hung with bikers. 26 years ago, we went on a camping vacation to the Black Hills of South Dakota to see Mount Rushmore. During that time, the annual biker rally in Sturgis, South Dakota was being held. If I remember correctly, it was the 50th anniversary of the Sturgis rally. We were at the Mount Rushmore KOA and the place was virtually taken over by bikers. I mingled and had a few beers with some and had an enjoyable time.

No comments:

Search This Blog