"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, June 24, 2016

"10 Reasons Why Japan is Awesome for Solo Female Travel"

Above, a JR Yamanote Line train in Tokyo. Public transit is safe, affordable and easy. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This really doesn't apply to us guys, but it will be of interest to the ladies who may be contemplating a solo trip to Japan. Yes, there are female Godzilla/kaiju, anime and manga fans who may want to visit Japan.

As a man, it was very easy for me to travel solo to Japan (or anywhere else, for that matter), but women traveling alone may feel vulnerable in a different country. In seven out of eight trips to Japan, I traveled solo. Last year, I brought Denise Santos and her son Aiden with me. It was a different but enjoyable experience.

Writer Alyssa Ramos has written "10 Reasons Why Japan is Awesome for Solo Female Travel" for the Huffington Post. Here, she describes why Japan is such a great place for the female solo traveler.

She begins with:
I didn’t go to Japan looking to test out its safety or to see if it was or wasn’t a good place for solo female travel. I’m so used to traveling on my own these days that it seems normal to me, however I have to say, I was especially blown away by my solo experience in Japan. 
Not only did I feel safer in Japan than I usually do back home in LA, but I also felt more respected, welcomed, and able to freely and easily explore than I have in most countries. The people in Japan are some of the nicest I’ve ever met, and there was not one single millisecond when I thought I was in a dangerous area or situation. Japan was also fairly easy to travel around in, and even had specific transportation and accommodation options for females only! 
So as a an experienced solo female traveler, here’s what I noticed about Japan that made it one of my top choices for solo female travel:

To see the 10 reasons, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog