"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Up The San Joaquin Valley

Above, The Beast at the Los Banos KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It is a very warm day in the San Joaquin Valley of California, where I am currently heading up to Marin County for the book signing event by former Secret Service Agent Clint Hill.

I am taking it easy heading up. I left around 5:30 this morning, only because I didn't want to mess with the morning rush hour.

Above, the Coalinga-Avenal Rest Area facilities. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


As I am not in any kind of hurry, I made a few stops. The first was for coffee and breakfast in Gorman. Next, it was for fuel somewhere near Buttonwillow on I-5. The next stop was at a rest area in the Coalinga-Avenal area.

I made it to my day's destination, the KOA Kampground in the Los Banos area. It was a good thing I got there when I did (around 11:30), I was starting to feel drowsy.

Above, The Beast at the RV and truck parking at the
 Coalinga-Avenal Rest Area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I will be heading the rest of the way to Marin County tomorrow morning and will be staying at a RV park in the area. The event with Clint Hill will be Saturday afternoon. I am looking forward to it. So all I'll have to drive tomorrow is 125 miles.

Oh, yes, I did manage to see one Donald Trump sign along the way. It read: "Another Farmer For Trump".

The Beast is performing splendidly!

No comments:

Search This Blog