"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Today At The Southern New Mexico State Fair

Above, the rabbit pavilion. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I spent three and a half hours at the Southern New Mexico State Fair in Las Cruces.

Above, this cow posed for me. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I spent much of my time in the livestock area where judging was taking place on goats, pigs and sheep. I also roamed the different pavilions of poultry and rabbits and the pens where cattle, pigs, goats and sheep were kept. I was disappointed not to see any horses. I guess we can't have anything.

Above, some of the vintage Coleman lanterns. Some were made for Sears. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The area where the rides are wasn't open, not that I was going on any.

One pavilion contained model railroad sets. The biggest was in 'N' gauge and quite elaborate. Another pavilion had Coleman lanterns and stoves dating back to the 1900s. That was interesting.

Above, a row of goats for judging. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The few photos here was from my phone camera. I have to upload the photos from my Canon camera either tonight or tomorrow. I will be attending the rodeo tonight. That starts at 7:00.

Above, some turkeys in the poultry pavilion. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After the fair, I went in to Mesilla for lunch at the Cafe de Mesilla. I had an excellent chicken enchilada lunch. Following that, I went back to the KOA to rest up for a few hours.

Above, a collection of dairy cows. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So far, it has been an enjoyable day.

No comments:

Search This Blog