"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, September 1, 2019

At The Jamestown, New Mexico Shooting Area

Above, the road to the shooting area. It was hard to drive the rough road and take a photo. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

At last, I managed to take the Winchester 94 and the Willys Jeep to the community's shooting area today. Unfortunately, I didn't stay long.

Above, the Jeep at the shooting area. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It was hot out and a bit windy. I had a hard time keeping the wind from blowing down the target and the sweat was dripping into and burning my eyes.

Above, the Winchester 94. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I was planning to go earlier this morning, but I managed to flood the carburetor of the Jeep. So I had to wait a while for the gasoline to evaporate enough for the Jeep to start. It's been a while since I last had a vehicle with a carburetor and a choke. Nothing like old school vehicles.

Above, the Winchester in the scabbard that's attached to the roll bar support. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

But, I did manage to fire the Winchester for the first time. I shot five rounds and all hit the paper target. I had only one miss (in the white area). I enjoyed firing the Winchester 94. It has a bit of a kick, but I managed to hit the target. Even though I was wearing ear protection, it was still quite loud.

Here's the target:



One shot to the brain, one shot to the jaw, one shot to the heart/spinal cord, one shot to the shoulder and one miss.

I'll definitely have to go back out when the weather is cooler and not as windy.

Above, old televisions and other junk left by inconsiderate morons. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I arrived at the shooting area, I noticed that some morons left the junk they used as targets. Is it too much to ask people to pack out what they brought? There's no cleaning crew to clean the shooting area.

No comments:

Search This Blog