"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, December 13, 2019

Feedin' A Horse, Of Course, Of Course!

Above, it's almost as if they were saying, "Well, we're waiting!" Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since it is forecast that we're getting snow starting Saturday night and it is about 52° outside today, I figured that it would be a good time to take the Jeep out for a drive.

Above, the gelding and his new shelter tarps. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While I was at it, I got the last of the carrots I had in the refrigerator to feed the horses starting with the next-door gelding, then Christmas and the two horses across the road from her. The horse numbers for carrots is slowing growing.

Above, while I was feeding Christmas, the horses across the road trotted over to their
fence. The first one just arrived when I snapped this photo. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

First, I fed the gelding next door. He came the closest he has since he was brought here. He still is skittish, but he's gradually coming closer to me. It is nice to see that he has more shelter against the elements.

After I was done feeding the gelding, I headed down to where Christmas and the two other horses are.

Above, Christmas enjoying her carrots. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

At first, while feeding Christmas, I saw no sign of the other horses. Then suddenly, they got wind that I was there with carrots and made a fast trot to their fence.

Aftet feeding Christmas, I went over to them and gave them their carrots. They're as tame as Christmas.

Above, the Jeep at Barking Spider Acre while the gelding was getting his carrots. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Once I was done feeding the horses, I headed down to the Flying J to pick up some snacks and then to home.

No comments:

Search This Blog