"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

On The Road Again

Above, the Jamestown Flying J Travel Center. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

For those stuck in places like California where gasoline is averaging $2.614/gallon of unleaded regular, I filled up The Beast today at Jamestown's Flying J Travel Center for $2.449/gallon, which inludes my five cent per gallon Good Sam Club discount.

I am heading to California to celebrate the Christmas holiday at my cousin's. Along the way, I will be stopping at Mitch Geriminsky's in Lake Havasu City for a couple of days. I have a cat-sitter that will be tending to P.K. and the kittens. Sierra is coming with me.

Before heading into California, I plan to fill the tank again at the Arizona-California border town of Ehrenberg, Arizona. Thankfully, there's a Flying J there. That way, I can avoid California's gas prices.

Above, the statue of Gen. George Patton and Willie in 2015. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I will be stopping at the Gen. Patton Memorial Museum in Chiriaco Summit to photograph my grandfather's memorial brick that I bought four years ago when I last visited the museum. Bricks honoring family members who were veterans can be bought and they are mounted on walls surrounding the giant statue of Gen. Patton and his dog Willie. I bought one for my dad several years previously.

No comments:

Search This Blog