"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, December 22, 2019

General Patton Memorial Museum At Chiriaco Summit

Above, the statue of Gen. Patton and his dog Willie. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

About 80 miles after entering California on Interstate 10, I paid a visit to the General Patton Memorial Museum at Chiriaco Summit.

The last time I was there was in November 2015. Since then, the museum had doubled in size and they've added the Matzner Tank Pavilion, which contains a number of vehicles, including some Jeeps.

Above, the statue of Gen. Patton and his dog Willie, surrounded by memorial bricks. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I wanted to stop there to see my grandfather's memorial brick that I bought during my last visit. His bricks is located on a wall behind and facing the statue of General Patton and his dog Willie. While at the museum, I ordered a brick for my uncle.

Here's some photos of my visit:

Above, the memorial brick of my grandfather, Merle E. Charleston. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the new Mazner Tank Pavilion. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, one of the two Jeeps in the Mazner Tank Pavilion. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the other Jeep and other vehicles in the Mazner Tank Pavilion. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, guns of World War II display. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the curator told me this Jeep is still in running condition. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a display of Gen. Patton's grave. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the expanded display gallery. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, the Clamper monument out in the tank yard. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, part of the tank yard. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, a General Patton display. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Above, inside the Mazner Tank Pavilion. Phoo by Armand Vaquer.

No comments:

Search This Blog