"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Overnighting In Ehrenberg, Arizona

Above, The Beast at Arizona Oasis RV Resort. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After about a five-hour drive from the Lake Elsinore area of California, I made it to the Arizona Oasis RV Resort just across the Arizona-California border from Blythe, California on Interstate 10.

It rained pretty hard and steady most of the way. I haven't been in the desert during a rainstorm since I was a kid.

Above, the Chiriaco Summit Coffee Shop is nice place for a snack or meal in the desert. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I made one stop along the way. I stopped at the Chiriaco Summit Coffee Shop (near the Gen. Patton Memorial Museum) for some coffee and a bowl of soup. It was pretty good.

I struck paydirt when I wandered into an antique/gift shop next door to the coffee shop after my snack break. There, I found a wooden magazine rack for only $25.00. I had been on the lookout for a magazine rack and now I found one. One never knows what they can find if they take the time to browse around.

Above, a view of my site's row. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It was still raining when I got back on the road and it continued to do so all the way to Ehrenberg.

I am going to spend the night in Ehrenberg and keep a watch on the weather along Interstate 40. Thanks to the folks at the Jack Rabbit Trading Post in St. Joseph, Arizona, I was able to see pictures of the snowfall in Flagstaff. It looked like Interstate 40 has been well plowed.

Above, the magazine rack. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Arizona Oasis RV Resort is a nice park. It is right at the Colorado River. Too bad it's rainy out to enjoy it more. Maybe if the rain stops, I'll take a stroll around. 

No comments:

Search This Blog