"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Flu Season and a Jogged Memory

Above, John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart in The Shootist.

My "honorary sister" sent me this article on an unusual type of flu virus that is dominating this flu season.

Thank goodness I've already had my flu and pneumonia shots

While reading the article, it mentioned the B/Victoria flu. Although it has been a while since I heard of any kind of Victoria flu, it jogged a memory from 1976.

I emailed this reply to her:
Funny, they mentioned B/Victoria flu. Whenever I hear about a Victoria flu, it reminds me of 1976 when Paul Bannai's office told me they were trying to get John Wayne for a fundraising dinner. It was about the time he made "The Shootist" and he had to decline as he was down with A/Victoria flu. They had to shoot around him until he recovered.

It is interesting that some things bring back dormant memories.

No comments:

Search This Blog