"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Down Fence At Six Mile Canyon Gate

Above, the down fence between the corral and the Six Mile Canyon gate. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

With yesterday's chaos in Washington, D.C., I felt a needed break from all the hysterical news and political posturing. So I took the Jeep out today to pick up my mail down at the Flying J and to do some driving.

It was around 50° out, warm enough to enjoy the drive.

At one point, I ended up at the Six Mile Canyon entrance gate and corral. Along Six Mile Canyon Road, I noticed a perimeter barbed wire fence down in one section with tire tracks going over it. Further down, at the entrance gate, someone pulled down a barbed wire fence between the corral and gate. Again, there were tire tracks. I can surmise that the the same person(s) is the culprit.

Above, looking north from the Six Mile Canyon gate. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The road into Six Mile Canyon has been closed to vehicles for winter since December 15. Obviously, this was in violation of the closure.

While there, I decided to give the Cibola National Forest ranger office a call to notify them of the down fencing. I only got to a voice mail. I gave them the details of what I found in a message along with my name and phone number.

Violations such as this will only make things difficult for the rest of us who follow the rules. 

No comments:

Search This Blog