"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Came Home To Snow

Above, Interstate 40 about five miles from home. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today was a long day of traveling back home to New Mexico from Las Vegas for Mitch Geriminsky's wedding.

It started with a 7:00 morning flight from Las Vegas to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport to catch my flight to Albuquerque.

I was on pins and needles the whole time as it appeared that the Vegas plane wouldn't make it on time in DFW for the Albuquerque flight.

Fortunately, the Albuquerque flight was delayed, so I made it to the gate on time.

Above, this evening with more snow falling. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I arrived in Albuquque around 2:30 and then drove The Beast to Jamestown. It was windy out, but there was no snow for most of the way until I reached the Prewitt, New Mexico area. Then it started snowing in earnest at Continental Divide. I consider myself lucky. I was expecting snowy conditions most of the way from Albuquerque.

At home, there was about 2 inches of fresh snow on the the ground. It started snowing when I was unloading The Beast and hooking up the power cable to keep the holding tanks from freezing.

It was a good trip to Las Vegas. But it would have been better if American Airlines didn't cut things close for connecting flights. 

I'll try to put The Beast into the GOCO Beast Barn tomorrow, weather permitting.

No comments:

Search This Blog