"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, January 18, 2021

Readin' Weather



Since we're supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow, I am glad that I picked up a couple of books while visiting the Sixth Floor Museum At Dealey Plaza last week.

They were Twenty-Six Seconds by Alexandra Zapruder (a personal history of the Zapruder film) and Assassination and Commemoration by Stephen Fagin (a history of the Sixth Floor Museum). When I bought the Fagin book, I didn't notice that it was autographed by the author, so that was a nice surprise.

Alexandra Zapruder is Abraham Zapruder's granddaughter.

I finished the Fagin book last night and started the Zapruder book today. I am not quite half way though it and already I came away with two observations: News reporters can be boorish idiots and Dan Rather was a jerk even back in 1963. So, while it's snowing, I can curl up and read tomorrow.

Since it'll likely snow all day tomorrow, I headed into Gallup for some grocery shopping. I hadn't driven the Mustang in over a week, so its battery could use a good charge to fight the cold weather.

Hopefully, the snow tomorrow won't be too bad since I have to go get my mail down at the Flying J. A LP record I ordered over a month ago is finally showing up. The last report (this morning) from the USPS said it is en route from Albuquerque. 

Tomorrow promises to be a good readin' weather day.

No comments:

Search This Blog