"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Got The Toys Home

Above, the mini bike and mower in the garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I got the two new "toys" home (at least one is an actual toy, but the mower will be fun to use).

I bought a Big Boy Magnum zero-turn mower to keep the "grass" and shrubs under control at the Barking Spider Acre. I did some playing around with it and got it positioned to where I wanted it in the garage. This was after charging its battery for over 2 1/2 hours.

Above, Nandoh at right locking up a storage compartment of his trailer. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

During the time the mower's battery was being charged, I assembled the Coleman mini bike that I also bought. After getting it assembled and adding oil and gasoline to it, I took it for a spin around West and East Blue Cedar Loop and around Barking Spider Acre. My arms are a bit worn out for lifting it and putting it together as well as the vibration from the handlebars. I will be more "daring" once I get more used to it. It's been years since I last drove a motorized cycle of any kind (I used to have a Honda Express motor scooter). The bike fired up right away once I had the choke in the correct position (it's good to read manuals).

The day began when I was picked up by Nandoh and we stopped to pick up his wife Roberta at their home, about a quarter mile from my home. We headed into Gallup where I first treated them to breakfast (for helping me bring the "toys" home in their flatbed trailer) at Cracker Barrel.

Above, the mini bike and mower loaded up at Tractor Supply Co. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After breakfast, we then headed to Tractor Supply Co. to pick up the mower and mini bike. It took a while to get everything as the clerk couldn't find the mower's key at first. Eventually he did and we loaded them up and headed back to Jamestown.

On the way home, we stopped at the Flying J so I could put gasoline into the mower's gas tank (it has a five gallon capacity).

It looks like I'll be sleeping good tonight.

No comments:

Search This Blog