"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, June 17, 2019

Storm Clouds

Above, storm clouds over the mesas. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After getting a few items at Walmart in Gallup, I headed back home and noticed in the distance that storm clouds were pouring rain over the mesas and the vicinity of Continental Divide.

Above, Barking Spider Road and the GOCO Beast Barn. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Getting closer to home, I did get a few large drops of rain. It appears that the forecast was accurate about isolated thunderstorms. Well, we are now in monsoon season (as of last Saturday).

Once I was done putting away my purchases, I took a little stroll outside and storm clouds are still around us. I heard some thunder while walking around. I am surprised that the refinery hadn't sounded their lightning alert. They usually do whenever lightning is within 10 miles from the refinery.

Above, rain pours in the distance over the mesas and Continental Divide. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It would be nice to get some rain in the area. We can certainly use it.

I was planning to do some riding, but it looks like that plan has to be scrubbed.

No comments:

Search This Blog