"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, June 17, 2019

The Case of the Missing KOA Directory

Above, the 2019 KOA Kampground Directory.

For years, holders of the KOA (Kampgrounds of America) Value Kard Rewards memberships (like me) would get a new KOA Kampground Directory during the month of March. This year was different: no directory showed up in the mail.

As I was planning a trip for next month to Wells, Nevada (the "scene of the crime" where I had my heart attack), I needed an updated directory. Changes happen every year. Campgrounds are added, contact info gets changed and some campgrounds drop out of KOA.

So I called KOA's corporate office and asked about it.

They told me that they had "complaints" about "wasting paper" and stopped sending them out. I asked if they could send me one. They, incredibly, said they didn't have any (!) and suggested going to a KOA Kampground and pick one up there. They also told me they sent out emails to members at the beginning of the year (I didn't receive one) notifying them of the new policy (which will also continue next year).

There are two KOA Kampgrounds within a day's drive from where I live. One, about 40 miles in Grants, New Mexico (that I didn't know about until now) and the other in Holbrook, Arizona (about 100 miles). Since I was planning to taking a little trip to the Holbrook vicinity anyway (to visit Jack Rabbit Trading Post in Joseph City, Arizona and other places), I decided to go there.

I went there over the weekend and stayed at the Holbrook/Petrified Forest KOA Kampground. I picked up a directory there. I told the manager what KOA corporate told me and he shook his head.

So, if anyone who is a member reading this and are wondering where's their directory, this is what KOA told me. 

No comments:

Search This Blog