"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Used The Mower For The First Time

Above, all mowed. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After seeing my neighbor James mowing his property (on his tractor-mower), I figured it was about time I did the same with my new Big Boy Magnum mower.

So I got it out and before heading over to the Barking Spider Acre, I did some tinkering so I could figure out how to set the blade level. I did after a few minutes and headed over.

Above, looking toward the GOCO Beast Barn from the driveway. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Actually, it was much easier to use than I thought it would be. I got the hang of the steering and the cutting switches in no time. I liked the way it easily turns around while mowing. I got the job done in about an hour. Not bad for a first-timer! It is also a plus that the seat is comfortable.

Above, the view from the top of Barking Spider Road. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

My "honorary sister" suggested getting a pair of goggles when I first got the mower. My glasses helped today, but I can see where goggles would be beneficial, especially when the stuff from the cutter flies out against the wind.

All in all, it was a fun chore!

Above, the view looking west from the driveway. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After I was done and the mower put away, I decided to cool off with a bottle of Alien Amber Ale and then a ride on the mini bike to Christmas's corral to give her some carrots. The wind during the ride cooled me off in no time.

Before heading down to Christmas's corral, I talked to my neighbor James for a bit. He's making a scabbard for my Winchester Model 1894 so I can strap it onto the mini bike for when I go to the shooting area.  

No comments:

Search This Blog