"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Wells Fun Run and Whitewater Rafting



Later next month, Mitch Geriminsky and I will be heading back to the "scene of the crime" at Wells, Nevada.

The "crime" was my little medical emergency that led to my having two stents put into an coronary artery in Twin Falls, Idaho.

Hopefully, this year I will be able to enjoy the Wells Fun Run. As I was flown out of Wells by a helicopter air ambulance, I completely missed the Wells Fun Run as it started a couple of hours after I was stricken.

Above, the "Purple Gang of the California Republic" rafting down the Kern River in 1985.

Thankfully, the heart attack happened at the right time, where there were people around, so that quick action was taken. I was told later that my pulse rate went down to 24.

This year, provided all goes well, following the Wells Fun Run, we'll be heading into Wyoming for some R & R and do some whitewater rafting on the Snake River. Mitch has never rafted before, so he's in for a treat! This will be the first time for me since the late 1980s.

I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Search This Blog